Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Fishing My-CastSM?
- What do I need to subscribe to the Fishing My-Cast application on my mobile phone?
- How much does Fishing My-Cast cost?
- What is a data plan and what are data fees?
- Do I find Fishing My-Cast on my phone’s Mobile Web browser?
- Will my mobile phone support Fishing My-Cast?
- Will Fishing My-Cast work on my BlackBerry®, Windows Mobile® or Palm® OS device?
- Fishing My-Cast is not available through my cell phone carrier. What can I do about that?
- How do I unsubscribe?
- Where does Fishing My-Cast data come from?
- Do you have data for Canada or the Caribbean?
What is Fishing My-CastSM?
Fishing My-Cast is a software program that is downloaded to your mobile phone. It is not a website or available on the mobile web.
What do I need to subscribe to the Fishing My-Cast application on my mobile phone?
First, you will need a supported phone with a data plan. From there, receiving Fishing My-Cast is easy. You can purchase the application via the mobile content menu through your phone. Additional purchase information is available on our website by clicking here.
How much does Fishing My-Cast cost?
The program cost is $4.99/month via a month-to-month subscription. This fee will be added to your monthly cell phone bill unless you unsubscribe. Please note: My-Cast is not involved with your cell phone company’s billing and subscription process. We license our products to carriers who take all responsibility for user subscriptions and billing. In order to protect customers' privacy, carriers do not provide us with phone-numbers or personal and subscription details. This monthly subscription does not include any data fees charged by your cell phone provider.
What is a data plan and what are data fees?
To use Fishing My-Cast on your cell phone, your phone must have internet capabilities (must be able to send and receive data). When you use the program you are requesting information that passes data over a network. Check with your carrier for specific details and pricing for data access. Please note: coverage will vary depending on your carrier and phone. Typically, if you are roaming, access to your carrier’s data network will be unavailable and the Fishing My-Cast weather content will not be updated.
Do I find Fishing My-Cast on my phone’s Mobile Web browser?
My-Cast products are not website pages or available on the mobile web. You download our software to your cell phone in order to access the information through the My-Cast program itself. While you need to have a data plan to access our weather information, it is not being displayed on the Mobile Web.
Will my mobile phone support Fishing My-Cast?
Most phones released in the last three years should support Fishing My-Cast. Please check the supported phone list. We are continuously going through testing for new phones and mobile devices, so please come back soon to see if your phone has been added to our supported phone list.
Will Fishing My-Cast work on my BlackBerry®, Windows Mobile® or Palm® OS device?
Fishing My-Cast is not available on BlackBerry, Windows Mobile or Palm OS devices.
Fishing My-Cast is not available through my cell phone carrier. What can I do about that?
Fishing My-Cast is not available through all carriers. If your carrier does not support Fishing My-Cast, we encourage you to request they offer Digital Cyclone®’s products and services to their subscribers.
How do I unsubscribe?
If you wish to unsubscribe from Fishing My-Cast, you will need to do so on your phone as follows:
- On your handset go to MediaNet then My MediaNet and scroll to "My Account".
- Find "My Purchases"
- Find "Current purchases" and press select.
- Scroll and locate the list of subscriptions. Our company name is Digital Cyclone.
- For subscriptions you do not want to renew, click Modify Subscription and select one of the cancellation options.
- On your PC go to: https://cingular-oac.qpass.com/oac/html/signin.do
- Alltel: First, navigate to the Axcess Apps area of your handset
- Click on "Settings"
- Click on "Manage Apps"
- Click on the App to be removed.
- Select "Cancel Subscription"
- Confirm your selection
- Sprint: Press the 'Menu' button and go to 'My Content' and then select 'Applications'. Scroll to 'My Content Manager' and highlight ‘Fishing My-Cast’. Press the 'Menu' button and choose 'Unsubscribe'. Then choose 'Confirm'.
- Verizon Wireless: Press Menu
- Select Get It Now then Select the shopping cart icon for older handsets
- Media Center then Browse and Download for newer handsets
- Select Options
- Select the application and then select Remove
Please call our customer service at 1-866-669-2278 if you would like assistance with this process and for additional carriers.
Where does Fishing My-Cast data come from?
Digital Cyclone ingests weather data via satellite directly from the National Weather Service using NOAAport. NOAAport is the mechanism by which the National Weather Service distributes its data to its local offices. Each time a request is made to My-Cast, our servers capture the most current weather data for the specific location requested and return it to the handset. The radar images are between 5 to 8 minutes old. National Weather Service text products and severe weather information are available as soon as they are issued.
Do you have data for Canada or the Caribbean?
Currently, Fishing My-Cast provides weather data for the contiguous United States only.